A gaming mouse is desktop accessories with additional features that make them apt for computer games and high-intensity programming. Gaming mice are equipped with certain features that allow the user to perform better, have a quick reaction time and more comfortable movements.
Nowadays there are a number of models available but it can be tough to choose the right one. Some of the important factors to look for when buying a gaming mouse are ergonomic design, laser technology, weight control, etc. Precision and accuracy are essential when it comes to computer games. So be sure to test gaming mouse for features such as accuracy and control before buying.
We will be listing hands-down the best gaming mouse ( pc & laptop ) available in the market and the ones you should consider spending your hard-earned money on. Since companies keep coming up with new gaming accessories almost every now and then, this list will be helpful for both novices as well as experts. So, let’s get started without further delay.
|Mouse Name||Weight (oz)||Sensor||Buttons|
|Steel Series Rival 700||4.8||Pixart PMW3360/Pixart ADNS 9800||7|
|Asus ROG Spatha||6.3||Pixart ADNS 9800||12|
|Razer Ouroboros||4 / 4.7||Dual Laser/Optical Sensor||11|
|Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum||3.8||Pixart PMW3366||11|
|Corsair M65 Pro RGB||4.7 / 4||Pixart PMW336x||8|
|Logitech G502||5.9||Pixart PMW 3366||11|
|Razer DeathAdder Chroma||3.7||Avago S3989||5|
|Corsair SCIMITAR Pro RGB||5.2||Pixart ADNS s3988||17|
1. Steel Series Rival 700 – Best Gaming Mouse (Editor’s Choice)
Steel Series is one of the leading gaming peripherals and accessories manufacturers. Steel Series Rival 700 is a powerful and one-of-its-kind gaming mouse. The most striking feature about this one is the OLED screen as it can be personalized and even allows the user to add animated gifs. Real-Time Stats help you to stay up-to-date with in-game stats such as gun accuracy, life charge of players, treasure collected, etc. On-the-fly Customization is apt for smoothly switching between different sensitivities for different games or weapons. The mouse also comes equipped with two swappable cables so that gamers can choose the best cable length suited for their gaming experience.
Why People Love it:
- Completely Customizable features that take the gaming experience to the next level
- Strategically placed tactile alerts
- Modular Design
- A vivid on-board OLED display
- Tactile alerts let the user have an almost real experience
- Ergonomics designed for every grip style
- Prism RGB illumination
- Comes with Modular cables, top covers, and sensors
- Value for Money: Without a doubt, The Rival 700 is one of the best desktop gaming mice available. Though it’s more on the expensive side, it’s a solid device and is backed by the Steel Series desktop software, for creating multiple profiles.
- Standard 2 RGB Zones
- 16,000 CPI / 300 IPS
- Offers different grip styles
- No version available for left-hand users.
2. Asus ROG Spatha Gaming Mouse
In a world where devices are getting sleeker and smaller, Asus has surprised gamers by launching a heavy and massive gaming mouse – The ROG Spatha. The mouse is equipped with several features such as RGB effects, Omron switches, 12 programmable buttons, six hotkeys and has a fantastic ergonomic design. It’s heavier as compared to its other competitors and weighs approximately 180 g. Besides being one of the coolest looking gaming accessories, the ROG Spatha offers a strong grip so you don’t have to worry about sudden slips.
Why People Love it:
- All movements are tracked accurately as the mouse utilizes a high-speed wireless connection
- Can be used even while charging without any change in performance and responsiveness
- 3-Zone RGB lighting offers a variety of effects such as static, breathing, trigger, battery, color cycling, etc
- Users have the choice to go for future upgrades
- Has a highly durable bottom plate that glides across several surfaces which makes it easy to use
- Customizable 3-zone RGB lighting effects
- Wireless/wired modes with 8200 DPI, 150 ips, 30g acceleration and 2000Hz USB polling rate (in wired mode)
- Programmable 12-button design with swappable Omron click switches for customizable click resistance
- ROG Armoury interface to customize buttons, performance and RGB, with built-in flash memory for profile storage
- Value for Money: This is a large mouse more appropriately suitable for large gamers. Add to this, uniquely styled design and excellent performance. If you prefer gaming accessories that stand out and are a high-level gamer, then you should definitely consider going for this one.
- Can be used with wires or wirelessly
- Excellent built quality
- Ranks high on performance
- Great for gamers with medium to large hands
- Built for the MMO crowd
- Onboard memory
- Suitable for Marathon Gaming Sessions
- More expensive as compared to another mouse with similar features
- Lacks size or weight adjustment
3. Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse
The Razer Ouroboros has been designed keeping modification in mind. It offers both wireless and wired combination. The mouse has an ambidextrous design and comes with 11 programmable buttons. The grip and shape of the mouse can be adjusted with the help of the detachable side panels – two thumb grip panels and two finger rest panels. However, the weight cannot be adjusted. Unlike another high-end gaming mouse that offer options for weight and balance adjustment, Ouroboros does not. Other noticeable features of this mouse are the dual-sensor system and DPI sensitivity. Accuracy is also another striking feature of this mouse. It offers consistent tracking on almost any surface. This feature makes it an ideal choice for intense gaming sessions. You can keep this mouse up-to-date and in peak performance with the help of Synapse, Razer’s hardware configurator.
Why People Love it:
- Quick response time
- Easy to switch between the wired and wireless connection
- Can be customized according to personal needs
- Offers consistent performance in both wireless and wired mode. It is one of the best wireless gaming mice.
- Features an onboard 32-bit ARM processor
- 8200dpi 4G Laser Sensor which helps in tracking precisely
- Powers off of a single rechargeable AA battery which offers up to 12 hours of intense gaming time when fully charged.
- 1ms Gaming Grade Wireless Connectivity
- DPI Clutch Trigger helps to control the required sensitivity
- Value for Money: Though the Razer Ouroboros is expensive, its customizable design and excellent performance make it worth buying. If you’re a serious gamer, you can be assured of the fact that this mouse will serve its purpose to the fullest.
- Modular design
- Super Accurate Dual-Sensor Array
- Ambidextrous design makes it suitable for both left-handed as well as right-handed users
4. Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum ( Best Logitech Gaming Mouse )
This list would be incomplete without mentioning gaming mice by Logitech. Logitech has been one of the oldest and popular gaming peripherals manufacturers. The company has maintained its reputation by offering innovative and highly durable peripherals. It has also evolved over the years by developing affordable products that appeal to the customer’s needs. The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum is one such product in the gaming mouse category. It offers flawless performance without a cord. You have the option to connect the device using 3 ways; a wired mode and two choices for the wireless dongle. However, you can charge the mouse only via a cable. Two hours of charging the mouse will give you around 24 – 32 hours of battery life. In fact, low battery alerts and the option to smoothly switch to wired mode makes it impossible for a game to stop midway.
Why People Love it:
- Advanced Gaming Mouse Sensor ensures maximum tracking accuracy
- Pro-grade wireless performance with excellent responsiveness
- Long battery life with just two hours of charging
- Suitable for both beginners as well as professionals
- Mechanical Pivot Button design ensures fast and reliable click performance
- 11 programmable buttons
- 4GHz wireless connection
- Customizable RGB lighting colors and physical button layout
- High-end PMW3366 sensor
- Five DPI settings with fast on-the-fly switching (200-12,000 DPI)
- Advanced customization with free Logitech Gaming Software
- Value for Money: To keep it real, the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum will burn a hole in your pocket. Unlike the prices of other gaming mice that usually end at $100, the price of this one is a notch up. But then again, its powerful performance, pinpoint accuracy, and versatility are something to look forward to.
- Class-leading performance
- Futuristic design
- Robust software
- No charging dock.
5. Corsair M65 Pro RGB – Best FPS Gaming Mouse (12000 Max DPI)
If you’re looking for a mouse that is decently priced and comes with a ton of features, then the Corsair M65 Pro RGB is worth your attention. Constructed from a robust aluminum chassis, this mouse comes with a highly responsive sensor and a unique ‘Sniper’ button to adjust the DPI. It is a little larger than the usual gaming mice and weighs approximately between 115 – 136 g. The downside here is that the M65 Pro RGB is suitable for only right-handed gamers who prefer a palm grip. However, it is pocket-friendly and offers ample customization options. One has the choice to make different adjustments in performance, DPI settings, and even button remapping, making this mouse highly customizable.
Why People Love it:
- Aircraft-grade aluminum structure ensures a lightweight body
- Customizable weight
- Feel and usage is smooth and swift with minimal effort
- Matching gameplay needs is easy with adjustable DPI
- The rubberized exterior of high-mass scroll wheel provides a great feel and tactile precision
- 12,000 DPI Sensor for pixel-precise tracking
- Aircraft-grade aluminum structure lends lightness and durability to the mouse
- Surface calibration tuning utility for optimum sensor precision and responsiveness
- Custom RGB lighting
- Advanced weight tuning system helps to set the center of gravity to match play style
- 8 strategically placed button gives users the advantage of customizing button configuration
- High-capacity Omron switches rated for 20 million clicks ensure that the mouse delivers reliable performance and sticks up through even the longest gaming sessions
- Value for Money: The M65 Pro RGB provides good value at the price it is available. It is equipped with useful features, is designed keeping in mind the comfort of the users.
- Responsive sensor
- Highly Durable
- Rubberized finish ensures a good grip
- Great build quality and optical sensor
- Aesthetic Design
- Good weight-adjustment system
- CUE software is extremely flexible for both beginners and enthusiasts
- Non-removable cable.
- Only apt for right-handed users.
6. Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
Combining smart design choices and comfortable experience, Logitech has brought in the market the G502 Proteus Core. Though the mouse is small in size, it offers a ton of features and is available at a very affordable price. It is highly customizable and is suitable for both claw and finger grippers. The DPI range is wide and can be varied between 200 DPI – 12,000 DPI. It comes with 11 programmable buttons, which make the gaming experience next to unforgettable. You can also customize the weight of the mouse. At the bottom of the mouse, there’s space for up to five 3.6-gram weights which you can adjust according to your preference.
Why People Love it:
- Surface Tuning Calibration gives maximum accuracy and precision
- Wide adjustable DPI range
- Affordable as compared to other mice that offer almost the same features
- Weight & Surface Customization possible
- Serves multiple purposes
- Mouse design gives the user a pleasant tactile sensation
- Weight and balance adjustment for a personalized feel
- Surface Testing Capability
- On-the-fly DPI lets the user quickly switch through up to 5 DPI settings (200-12,000)
- Dual-mode hyper-fast scroll wheel ensures enhanced click-to-click precision
- Value for Money: The Logitech G502 Proteus Core is an all-purpose solid gaming mouse that comes with interesting features. It’s a more streamlined and robust version of the G500S and ranks fairly well on the performance meter.
- Intuitive and smart design
- Big buttons are arranged in a smart layout
- Streamlined software with lots of choices
- Ultrafine weight adjustment
- Improved scroll wheel design
- May not be suitable for palm-grip players with big hands
7. Razer DeathAdder Chroma Gaming Mouse
The DeathAdder is Razer’s signature mouse. It has simplified design and comes with only five buttons. The thumb buttons are easily accessible and every button offers enough resistance. The Chroma version is equipped with additional features such as braided cable sheathe, 10,000 DPI sensor, etc. Unlike other Razer mice such as the Mamba and the Diamondback which have stunning lighting effects, the Chroma has relatively simple lighting.
Why People Love it:
- Great Gaming Experience
- Easy to create profiles and assign buttons for individual game profiles
- Easy to track in-game clicks and movements with Razer Synapse Stats and Heatmaps
- Inter-Device Colour Synchronization Available
- Rubber side grips help to stay the user in control for long gaming sessions
- The ergonomic design of the mouse gives gamers a comfortable gaming experience
- Equipped with a 10,000 DPI optical sensor
- Mouse movement can reach speeds of up to 200 inches per second and 50g acceleration
- Chroma lighting with 16.8 million customizable color options. Users can change the color of both the scroll wheel and the Razer logo. It’s up to the user to set the color to either a static color, a color cycle.
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling
- Value for money: One factor that differentiates the Razer Death Adder Chroma is the comfort it offers to the users. The device is also straightforward and has a fantastic software. All these factors combined make it a good buy without burning any hole in your pocket.
- Extremely comfortable user experience
- Available at a very affordable price
- Simple Design
- Good choice for MMO players
- Not for gamers who prefer a lot of buttons.
8. Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB Gaming Mouse
Corsair has released some of the best gaming peripherals in the market. The Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB is no different. It is a mouse for gamers that prefer to have several buttons. The Scimitar has a total of 17 buttons, out of which 12 are thumb buttons. With features such as ergonomic design, RGB lighting, and 16,000 DPI sensor, the Scimitar Pro is a great option. The DPI is adjustable and can be brought down to a single digit, enabling the user to fine-tune any gaming mouse pad virtually.
Though it has an ergonomic design, it is slightly on the heavier side and weighs around 147 g. The touch of the mouse is smooth as it has a matte finish.
Why People Love it:
- Customizable Lighting
- Compatible with CUE
- Powerful & comprehensive backlighting software
- Key Slider macro button control system blend comfort with control
- Multiple profiles can be saved for lighting, DPI and macros in the mouse itself
- One of the world’s most advanced MOBA/MMO gaming mouse
- Optimized shape for MOBA and MMO players
- Durable Unibody Shell
- Revolutionary Key Slider macro button control system
- 4 Zone RGB Lighting
- 8mm travel with a secure locking mechanism which ensures that every button is within reach of the user
- Textured and contoured buttons
- 12 Mechanical switches for complete precision control
- Multiple rest points for comfort during extended gaming sessions
- Value for Money: This mouse is feature-rich, has adjustable DPI, can be calibrated against the surface and offers plenty of other useful features. Performance is excellent but to a great extent depends on how well the user can take advantage of all the features.
- Ergonomic shape
- Accurate tracking
- Very customizable
- Great Build Quality
- Excellent for users who prefer a lot of macro keys
- Some users can find it too big.
- It does not come with a weight adjustment or detachable cable.