If you are trying to cut down on the energy bills so that you can streamline operations better at the office, then you definitely need to read the rest of the article. While on one end, you do get to save money by opting for greener technologies and better power and energy options at the office – the fact remains that you can get certified going green and this can even help you land more traffic and business. Check out some of the means and ways by which you can cut back on that energy bill.
- Use Natural Sunlight: If your office has large windows, then you can let the natural light in and save some money by switching off the lights. You can also get a few PVC strip curtains installed as it can help you insulate the room better. It can enable you to maintain the temperature and humidity at comfortable levels and you would no longer require an HVAC unit, so you may want to search online for PVC strip curtains in Australia and check out the various available choices
- Get an Energy Audit Done: It is a good idea to get an energy audit done at the earliest. This will give you an idea of how much energy you consume at your office and what your current baseline energy requirements are. You can then adjust and tweak the same, with the result that you are able to bring down the utility charges. For example, an audit may indicate that the HVAC unit is switched on, even when no one is in the room and you can cut out this unnecessary expense. That’s just one example. For example, instead of spending more for insulating the whole office, you could go in for insulated sectional doors, as this should help slim down that electricity bill.
- Energy Efficient: If you are required to utilize a lot of equipment at the office, then you may want to lease/ rent equipment that is more energy efficient than others. Usually, some of the websites would have already ranked most of the equipment based on their energy efficiency – so you may want to check out these websites and opt for energy efficient equipment.
- Use Smart Lighting: Granted that the cost may seem slightly expensive but the fact is that smart lights, designed to switch on when it senses movements is also designed to switch off when there’s no one in the room. The fact remains that electricity charges can get out of hand, especially if you do not pay attention to electricity usage at the office. And moreover, not everyone remembers to switch off the lights when they step out of the room which is why it is all the more necessary to opt for smart lighting.
- Power Down: At the end of the office day, you may want to power down all your systems. Leaving them on is bound to inflate the electricity bill and that’s something that you may want to look into.
- Incentives: If you adopt green measures and green technology at the office, you can apply to get certified for the same. Furthermore, the government of the day may incentivize this move on your part so as to encourage others to go green as well. You could avail tax voucher where you can pay less tax for your company by adopting green technology. Various nations have varying incentive programs for those companies that actively seek to cut down their carbon footprint.
These are some of the things that you can do to cut down on those expensive power bills. Just remember that some of the tips listed here can take a few days to implement. It would take some key determination and efficacy on your part to get the same done. And you may also want to impart some training to your employees so that they can opt for green technology at the earliest.