Doxa Rebar is Hiring!
Rebar is hiring … for two positions!
We are excited to announce that we are seeking two outstanding individuals to join our growing team of artists and designers!
Rebar is a small and growing art and design studio located in San Francisco’s Mission District. Our projects occupy the intersection of art, design and ecology, but span many disciplines and often engage outside collaborators. Architecture, landscape and art practice are the core skillsets with which we approach the world. Rebar’s reputation in the arenas of art and design is outsized compared to our studio size. Though our image is often rightly associated with guerrilla tactics, we have developed a professional design studio that is taking on some of the most interesting projects in the modern urban landscape. Our clients include museums, public agencies, private companies, neighborhood groups, architects and developers and arts organizations. Within the studio, we have a fluid and democratic structure that allows for maximum collaboration. We believe that the human environment—public space in particular—should be infused with ecological knowledge, resilient to changing social conditions, responsive to creative impulses, and filled with opportunities for benevolence, conviviality, and delight. We design to make that happen.
1. Associate Designer/Project Manager (full-time, contract)
We are seeking energetic and well-rounded applicants who have a vision and a passion for the life of the commons and highly developed spatial and visual communication skills to turn their imaginations into real things. The right candidate operates in the sweet spot of professionalism, confidence, imagination and a sense of humor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in architecture, landscape architecture or engineering.
- 2-5 years work experience in a professional design studio.
- Fluency in AutoCad, solid understanding of construction sets and drawing standards.
- Familiarity with construction detailing, tectonics, materials, products and finishes.
- Understanding of the trades including building and fabrication processes.
- Ability to render and compose professional presentations in Adobe CS.
- Ability to communicate and develop ideas through hand sketching.
- Understanding of standard design practices including professional communication, record keeping, meeting minutes, etc.
- Minimum proficiency in a digital 3D modeling program such as Sketchup, Rhino or Solidworks.
- Knowledge of budgeting and project management procedures.
- Experience managing other designers desirable but not required.
2. Bookkeeper/Office Manager (part-time, contract)
We are seeking an energetic, design-savvy bookkeeper and office manager. Bookkeeping experience and knowledge of Quickbooks software necessary, experience managing a small office a big plus. Basic knowledge of design or the creative process desired but not necessary. A quick learner and self-starter able to multitask in a dynamic and creative workplace will thrive in this environment. Perfect for a bookkeeper with an interest in design, or a designer with a background in bookkeeping.
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: BA/BS/BFA or bookkeeper training preferred.
- 1–3 years bookkeeping experience.
- Facilities management or office coordination a plus.
- Proficient in Mac software, MS Office necessary, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Strong work ethic – does what it takes to get the job finished properly.
- Thinks ahead and works on needs before they arise.
- Very self-motivated and articulate with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Enjoys being part of a fast-paced creative collaborative team.
- Gets along well with others and genuinely wants to help and support others.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
3. How to Apply:
A) Download the PDF for the position that interests you:
B) Submit all of the information requested in the PDF as directed
C) These positions remain open until filled. No Phone calls please!